I would like to introduce you to THE GREAT AMERICAN FLOWER COLLECTION tm, the "Respect Series" of fine art watercolor paintings. The watercolor paintings in the GAFC are patriotic symbols of the USA. They represent our human traits distilled down to our common bond as Americans.
THE GREAT AMERICAN FLOWER COLLECTION tm makes the following proclamation: "I respect you. I respect myself. We can work together nonviolently. United we stand. In God we trust. It takes all of us working together." These statements make no reference to sex, color, creed, age, health, wealth, education, social status, religious or political affiliations.
The five traits used to identify a GAFC tm painting which symbolizes our common bond as Americans are:
1) Large Size, 22" x 28" or larger - symbolizes our masculine side and the greatness of our country.
2) Flowers - symbolizing our feminine side and our freedoms. They are reminders that our freedoms must be nurtured and not taken for granted, just as flowers must be nurtured in order to flourish.
3) Gold Background - represents the wealth of the USA as well as the wealth of opportunities available to those willing to work.
4) Watercolor Media - represents the law and order of our great country and working together. It also represents the consequences of not following the laws. The GAFC tm flowers are highly glazed. According to the laws of physics, each color must be applied and allowed to dry. Layer after layer is applied according to these principles. If we did not follow these laws of physics, one color over another over another while still wet would result in ugly "mud" colors. No matter what color of flower (even white), it takes all of the colors to arrive at one flower of one color with exceptional depth and beauty--just as the United States of America is comprised of many nationalities to make one great country. It takes all of us working together. If we don't follow the laws of the land, we get riots.
The flowers in the GAFC tm can be any flower of any color, just as the USA has many nationalities each with its own distinct personality yet we all have a common bond. Therefore, when you see a GAFC tm painting, it is a peaceful place to rest your eyes and it is a subtle reminder of all things good: peace, respect, harmony, beauty, nonviolence, strength, order, etc.
5) GAFC paintings are Signed by Jan Polk, Painter of the Great American Flower Collection.
Enjoy the next few minutes while viewing THE GREAT AMERICAN FLOWER COLLECTION tm knowing you will experience peace and nonviolence. Your senses will not be assaulted or offended while you are in this site. Thank you for coming. You are invited to come often. Enjoy.
Note: Trait #3 in The "GAFC Tribute Collection" paintings have a smoky background using real 23-1/2 k gold. This is a symbolic message to those who attacked our country on 9/11/01 by blowing up the twin towers in NYC. The smoky background represents that even though we were attacked, we still remained strong and united. The real gold symbolizes our capitalistic society (opportunity for all who are willing to work) which our enemies despise.
Note cards ($16.00/box) with GAFC images may be securely purchased on line at our webstore. Visa and Master Card accepted via PayPal. You do not need to be a member of PayPal to use your credit card.
GAFC images also appear in our birthday book "A Year of Good Manners" by Margery Sinclair and Jan Polk, $27.95 (5 cent handling fee). This book may be securely purchased on line at our webstore: http://janpolk.com/cart/products.asp
If you would like a free 9 page index for "A Year of Good Manners," please send your email to email@example.com No purchase necessary. You will want this book in your library after you see the many subjects covered.